Lakeland, Fla. – A mix of new talent and familiar faces carried the Lynn University cross country team to a fifth-place finish overall and a fourth-place finish out of all Division II teams at the Holloway Park Preseason Festival on Saturday morning. Kate Fisher was the Fighting Knights' top runner, finishing fifth overall in the 3 kilometer race with a time of 11:03.56.
INSIDE THE MEET:
- Location: Holloway Park Cross Country Course | Lakeland, Florida
- Race Length: 3K – 1.86 miles
- History at Event: First appearance
- Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In her first collegiate race, Fisher put on a strong showing to lead the team and register a top-five finish in the 116-runner field.
- Fisher wasn't the only rookie turning heads for Lynn at the meet, as Ally Jones placed 21st overall with a time of 11:39.14, and Chase Yoder finished at 12:00.67.
- Emily Christensen (12:04.36) and Sydney Parks (12:14.25) rounded out the scorers for the Blue and White, each finishing in the top half of the field.
- Natalie Beck and Courtney Morin also competed for Lynn, clocking in at 12:32.04 and 13:02.03, respectively.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- This was the second day in a row that the Fighting Knights finished fifth place in a race after Friday's finish at the FAU Invitational.
- Each of the team's top four finishers were competing in their first collegiate race on the day.
- All five Division II teams at the meet compete in the Sunshine State Conference.
The Fighting Knights return to action on Saturday, Sept. 9, at the FIT Invitational in Melbourne, Florida.