Boca Raton, Fla. – Led by four first-year runners, the Lynn University cross country team claimed a sixth-place finish in the nine-team field at the Sunshine State Conference Championship on Saturday morning at South County Regional Park in Boca Raton.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: South County Regional Park | Boca Raton, Florida
Race Length: 6K – 3.73 miles
History at Event: Sixth appearance (Tied for best finish – 2013 & 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Alexandra Jones led the way for Lynn for the first time this season, running a time of 23:39.48 to place 11th overall at the meet out of more than 80 competitors.
- Kate Fisher's 33rd-place finish was her lowest of the season, however she still placed second for the Fighting Knights at 25:09.75.
- Darby Watts and Emily Christensen finished on one another's heels, as Watts ran a time of 25:36.91, while Christensen clocked in at 25:41.18. The duo finished 38th and 41st overall, respectively.
- Sydney Parks rounded out the scorers for the Blue and White, placing 46th overall with a time of 26:06.03.
- Natalie Beck tabbed a top-50 finish, crossing the line with a time of 26:27.62.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Jones's finish placed her in the school's top 10 all-time for a 6k race, just 12 seconds behind the ninth-best time.
- This marks the third time that Lynn has finished in 6th place at the SSC Championship, and is the team's best finish since 2014.
The Blue and White will take on the NCAA South Regional field on Saturday, Nov. 4. The race is slated for 9 a.m. at Holloway Park in Lakeland, Florida.