Melbourne, Fla. - Lynn University's women's cross country team recorded the best finish in program history by taking second place at the Florida Tech Invitational on Saturday morning. The Fighting Knights defeated four of the five Sunshine State Conference schools participating and saw three runners post personal record times.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Wickham Park | Melbourne, Fla.
Race Length: 5K – 3.1 miles
History at Event: Second appearance (Placed 10th in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 84 in the race, 69 points behind winner Tampa but five points ahead of Nova Southeastern (89). Palm Beach Atlantic (104) and Florida Tech (135) rounded out the top-five.
- Taryn Super crossed the finish line in a time of 20:11.8, 16th overall and the fastest among the 19 runners for the Blue and White.
- Alexandra Jones finished 26 seconds behind her teammate (20:37.7) to place 19th overall.
- Natalie Beck (20:40.2) and Emily Christiensen (21:25.2) took 21st and 25th while Sydney Parks (21:31.9) and Darby Watts (21:37.9) placed back-to-back at 27th and 28th.
- Chase Yoder clocked in a time of 21:51.9 to place 31st.
- Lauren Leckenby (22:25.2), Elizabeth Erbe (22.26.4) and Emily Glass (22:42.6) finished 37th, 38th and 39th.
- Rachel Ramierez posted a time of 23:03.05 to place 44th.
- Lynn earned places 48 thru 51 from Jayden Reece (23:22.3), Mandi Cohen (23:30.5), Arianna Spencer (23:32.4) and Amanda Hennessey (23:37.0).
- Rounding the Lynn contingent was Hanna Gumaer (25:19.2), Gabrielle Morelli (25:37.5), Aubrie Parker (28:10.5), Lynn Whalen (30.19.2) and Megan Selfridge (31.20.5).
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- The Fighting Knights previous top finish was third place at the 2016 FAU Invitational.
- Lynn finished 10th at the 2016 Florida Tech Invitational; the 2017 was cancelled due to weather conditions.
- Natalie Beck, Arianna Spencer and Amanda Hennessey each set personal records with their times.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Saturday, Sept. 15, at the Falcon Invitational in Montevallo, Ala.