Hardeeville, S.C. – Lynn University's women's cross country squad placed 11th at the Sand Shark Invitational, the last meet before the Sunshine State Conference Championship. Six runners set personal-record times while Emannuelle Le Tertre placed 14th individually.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Sgt Jasper Park | Hardeeville, S.C.
Race Length: 5k – 3.1 miles
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn tallied a score of 363 to finish 11th out of 34 teams. SCAD-Atlanta (66) finished first, followed by Embry-Riddle (73) and Florida Southern (106).
- The Fighting Knights were third among SSC institutions. Nova Southeastern (489) was 15th.
- For the third consecutive race, Le Tertre was the first Fighting Knight to cross the finish line and finished 14th overall with a time of 18:50.0.
- Alexandra Jones (19:43.8) placed 49th as the only other Fighting Knight within the top-100.
- Taryn Super crossed the finish line in 21:04.4 and Emily Christensen in 21:09.9 to place 108th and 112th.
- Elizabeth Erbe and Darby Watts were within seconds of each other 21.33.9 and 21:36.9 while Emily Glass and Jayden Reece also were within seconds (22:28.1-, 22:30.1).
- Rachel Ramirez ran a time of 22:48, followed by Mandi Cohen (23:22.6), Lauren Leckenby (23:56.7), Gabrielle Morelli (24:34.3), Madison Wells (24.51.4), Angela Kashkimbayeva (25:18.1) and Lynn Whalen (27:07.3).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Erbe, Glass, Reece, Ramirez, Cohen and Whalen all set PR's in the 5k.
- Le Tertre's time is the fourth-fastest in program history while Jones' is the 10th fastest.
Lynn is back at it on Saturday, Nov. 3, when it travels to Daytona Beach, Fla., to take part in the Sunshine State Conference Championships. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.