Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's men's and women's programs wrapped up their 2019 seasons on Saturday morning, finishing 16th and 12th, respectively, at the NCAA South Regional, hosted by Florida Southern.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Race Length: (M) 10k – 6.2 miles (W) 6k – 3.73 miles
Finishes: (M) 16th out of 21 teams, (W) 12th out of 17 teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Hunter Dobbs anchored the Blue and White's group with a 41st place time of 34:12.4 in his final race of the season.
- Eric Silva, Joshua Skielnik and Bryan Ryder came across the line in a tight pack, finishing 64th, 65th and 67th, respectively.
- Joseph Anderson and Alex Miranda rounded out Lynn's group of competitors, of which collectively delivered a solid performance in a highly-competitive field.
- Alexandra Jones placed inside the top-50 with a mark of 24:06.2 to lead the Fighting Knight women.
- Taryn Super's 24:35.4 wasn't too far behind Jones as the Blue and White's top-two finished within 30 seconds of one another.
- Payton Yoder and Hanna Bruckmayer were clipping each other's heels with times of 25:14.5 and 25:18.7, respectively, notching 79th and 80th place finishes.
- Emily Christensen, Jayden Reece and Emily Glass all posted solid finishes in their final cross country competition of 2019.