MIAMI SHORES, Fla. – If you are a fan of the Lynn volleyball program you already know the number of accomplishments achieved by the Fighting Knights this season. That theme continued Tuesday night against the rival Barry Bucs. Lynn went to Miami Shores and won for the first time since 2014 and picked up the season sweep over BU for the first time since that same season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Barry 0 (27-25, 25-22, 25-19)
Records: Lynn (19-4, 10-2), Barry (14-9, 7-5)
Location: Health and Sports Center | Miami Shores, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the series 33-14 and last played on September 20.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn had a trio of players in double digits for kills led by Sonja Udovcic with 17. She added 10 digs to extend her double-double streak.
- Marine Kinna also had a double-double with 16 kills and a team-high 12 digs.
- The third player in double figures for the match Victoria Macaluso who had 12 kills.
- Reigning conference setter of the week Biatriz Souza Berti extended her streak of matches with at least 30 assists to eight with 46 against Barry.
- Olivia La Plume added 10 digs.
- The Fighting Knights hit nearly .300 at .299.
- They held Barry to under .200.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The 10 Sunshine State Conference wins are tied for the second-most in Lynn history. They have eight chances to break the record of 11.
- It is the first-time in program history they have won double-digit conference games in consecutive seasons.
- Udovcic now has a double-double in five-straight matches and has posted such numbers in all but four matches this season.
Lynn will stay on the road when they head to Rollins looking to sweep the Tars on Thursday at 7 p.m.. Fans you can always follow the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com